Every home and business need lighting, and one of the most popular choices is the suspended ceiling light, as it offers the most versatility and flexibility alongside being available in a range of styles and designs.
Here at SND Electrical, we provide a broad range of lighting solutions for homes and businesses; to fulfil a number of different tastes and needs. Whether you want to create a homely feel in your living space or provide workers with adequate lighting in an office facility, there is something suitable for all.
We appreciate that lighting is an important part of everyday life, so when a bulb blows, or a suspended ceiling light stops working, time is of the essence to get it repaired and light your day again. With this in mind, we have got some very basic instructions prepared for the process you must follow to install a new ceiling light.
Step by Step
- Choose the right kind of ceiling light for your needs. If you don’t need more than one light, opt for a single module. For wider lighting needs, choose a light that uses multiple bulbs.
- Safety First. Turn off the power supply to ensure there are no accidents during the job.
- Ensure your ladder is sturdy and secure on level ground.
- Remove the existing suspended ceiling light, remembering to remove bulbs and carefully disconnect from wiring.
- Connect the new ceiling light, ensuring all the wires are matched up in the correct places.
- When you are happy with the wire connections, it is time to attach the suspended ceiling light to your ceiling. Ensure it is flush, and no wires are tangled or trapped.
- Install light bulbs.
- Turn the power back on and check to see if your newly installed suspended ceiling light works.
This task should not take more than half an hour to complete.
It is important to remember that installing a light like this can be quite complex and tricky if you have not done it before. We would recommend that you get some help from a professional if you are not confident in carrying out this task.
For more advice and information on your lighting needs, please visit our website or contact our customer service team today to discuss your options.