The warmer, lighter weather often means that you and your family will be looking to spend more time in the garden; enjoying the ambience and atmosphere created by the buzz of the wildlife, the sizzle on the BBQ - not to mention the smiles and laughter of your loved ones!
Spending more time outside with your nearest and dearest is good for the soul; you'll find yourself much more relaxed, peaceful and at one with the world you live in. However, to make the most of your outdoor space, you need to be able to see it! Whiling away the hours on your comfy patio furniture, under the pergola or on the sun loungers is all well and good until the sun goes down, which is exactly why you need some quality outdoor lighting!
Which outdoor lighting is right for you?
Choosing the right lighting for your garden could be the difference between feeling relaxed and at ease, and feeling like the world can see your every move.
While some outdoor spaces require strong floodlights, they are usually reserved for commercial properties, sports pitches, car parks and other areas requiring high visibility.
When it comes to your garden, however, think more along the lines of soft, romantic lighting and ambience.
- Think subtle and unobtrusive, like the seasonal lighting you put up throughout the holiday periods
- Choose a net of twinkly lights to hang over the pergola to create a warm glow above your dining area
- Wind fairy lights around the trunk and main branches of trees, to bring them to life beautifully
- Hang low energy lanterns from the fence or to edge your pathways and lawn, for some understated lighting throughout your garden
- Use pond lights to create ambience and enchantment while illuminating your favourite water feature
- If you are particularly proud of the architecture and design in your home, consider the use of spotlights, pedestal lamps and lamp posts, to cast light and shade in all the right places
- Porch and security lights are less about atmosphere and more about safety; no more fumbling around in your bag for your keys!
Our entire range of outdoor lighting here at SND Birmingham is perfect for any occasion and will transform the way in which you and your loved one utilise your garden this year.
For more information, please visit our website or contact us to discuss your requirements on 0121 236 6999.