Heating and hot water control from your smartphone, tablet and laptop
Take control of your heating and hot water anytime, anywhere. Hive makes controlling your heating and hot water easy from your mobile, tablet or laptop. The next generation Hive brings you beautiful design, intuitive control and easy to use features.
Hive works no matter who supplies your energy and will work with your existing heating system. With Hive you’ll never need to heat an empty home again so you could save up to £130 a year on your heating bills.
• Heating and Hot Water schedules – set up to 6 daily time slots
• Heating and Hot Water Boost – for up to six hours
• Automatic Frost Protection – helps prevent frozen pipes
• Geolocation – heating alerts when you leave or return home
• Holiday Mode – tell Hive your holiday dates and come back to a warm welcome
• Text control – send your command to Hive by text
• Temperature graphs – keep track of how you are using your heating
Product & packaging specs
Product Description Hive Active Heating & Hot Water
Packaged Weight 0.841kg
Packaged Height 202mm
Packaged Width 125mm
Packaged Depth 123mm
Product Weight 0.615kg
Batteries needed to power the product? Yes
Batteries Included 4 x battery AA
What you’ll need to get Hive
• A working central heating system, Hive can be installed on gas or LPG systems (and
certain Electric Boilers).
• An existing broadband connection with a spare Ethernet port connection.
• An extra power socket close to your broadband router.
• For the Hive app you’ll need an Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 9 or higher) or a device running Android (min 4.4).
• Laptop or tablet with internet access and an up-to-date web browser (we recommend minimum: Microsoft Edge or the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari).
• Hive is a British Gas innovation, but you don’t need to be a British Gas customer to buy the Hive products.
Key messages & benefits
• Control your heating from your smartphone, tablet or laptop
• If you have a hot water tank, control your hot water too
• No need to switch energy supplier
• Works with your existing boiler
• Save up to £130 a year on your heating bills
Your Hive kit
• Wireless Thermostat – lets you control your heating and hot water when you’re at home.
• Hub – plugs into your broadband router so you can control your thermostat remotely.
• Receiver – enables your thermostat and hub to communicate with your boiler.
• Hive Active Heating must be installed by a qualified professional.
• If you are buying Hive with no installation and have a hot water tank (conventional boiler) then Hive Active Heating and Hot Water is right for you.
If you do not have a hot water tank (combi boiler) then Hive Active Heating is right for you.
• Hive Thermostat
• 4 x battery
• 1 x Ethernet cable
• 1 x Plug
• 1 x USB power lead
• Pack wall plugs
• Welcome guide
• User guide
• 1 x Installation guide
supplied with product
Price Match Guarantee
*Lighting products only*
Have You Found This Item Cheaper Elsewhere?
We Won't Be Beaten On Price! For Any Information On This Or If You Have Any Further Questions About This Light, Call Our Expert Customer Service Team On 0121 236 6999. We Will Be More Than Happy To Assist You.
All Of Our Lights Are Always Delivered Without Bulbs Unless Specified. Led/Energy Saving Options Are Highly Recommended By Us - For Expert Advice, Please Call Us! In Order To Ensure Your Light Fitting Arrives In Perfect Condition, It May Require Some Simple Assembly To Complete Installation.
SND Electrical Wholesalers & SND Lighting Delivery Information
Free Delivery on orders over £85 (*except to Non-Mainland UK, Republic of Ireland, Europe & Worldwide)
Speedy Delivery at £8.95 ensures your delivery will get to you in 1-3 working days. (Excluding weekends & bank holidays).(This option is not available for eglo products)
We use DPD Local as our main courier service. *Deliveries to non-mainland UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered on a 2/3 day DPD courier service and will be subject to a charge of a minimum of £14.95 regardless of the order total.
In some cases, stock may be kept in external warehouses. If this is the case, we will inform the customer & will order this item to our store (or in some cases direct delivery to you).
Please note our courier DPD require a signature for all deliveries therefore customers will need ensure someone is present at the delivery address on the agreed delivery day, we will send confirmation of delivery the day before delivery and DPD will send time slot confirmation on the morning of delivery providing mobile number is present on your order.
SND Lighting Order Information:
We advise you book a qualified electrician to fit the lights once the goods have been received and not prior to this. We cannot be held responsible for any charges from electricians if goods arrive later than expected. We can recommend an electrician for you if you get in touch by calling us on 0121 236 6999.
- £8.95 (within 1-3 working days)
DPD UK Mainland
- Order value under £85.00 (Standard 3-7 Days) = £5.95
- Order value over £85.00 = FREE
DPD UK Non Mainland & Republic of Ireland,
UK non-mainland includes the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Orkney Islands, Inner Hebrides, Outer Hebrides, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Republic of Ireland (Southern Ireland), Channel Islands and Guernsey. These areas are only available on a two working day service.
- All order values= Minimum £14.95 per order (depending on weight of parcel(s).
SND Electrical Wholesalers Delivery Notice
SND Electrical Wholesalers will email you when your order has been dispatched and provide an expected delivery date and delivery service that will be used. For DPD courier services you will receive a text or email from courier DPD on the morning of delivery with a predicted 1-hour time slot for delivery. This service is only available if a mobile or email address is provided!
Upon receipt of your order you will be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition, please advise us ASAP.
At SND Electrical Wholesalers we offer the option for in store collection with instore collection you will be able to collect your item without any hassle from our Birmingham store. You will be asked to bring along your ID (passport, driving license, Identification card or work card) You will also need to sign a piece of paper to prove it was given to you. If you are collecting on behalf of a friend please bring along a copy of the ID from your friend.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.